Prof. Bhushan Praveen Jangam
Ph.D. in Economics from IIT - Hyderabad; M.Phil in Economics from IIT - Hyderabad, M.A in Economics from University of Hyderabad; B.A in Economics from Osmania University.
Assistant Professor - Economics
Prof. Bhushan Praveen Jangam is Assistant Professor – Economics at FLAME University. He received his Doctorate Degree and MPhil in Economics from IIT, Hyderabad. He holds a Master’s Degree in Economics from University of Hyderabad & Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Osmania University. In his last assignment, Prof. Bhushan Praveen was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT, Hyderabad prior to joining FLAME University.
His research interests include international trade, energy economics, and macroeconomic interactions. He has published on these issues in journals such as Applied Economics, International Economics, International Journal of Finance and Economics, and Utilities Policy, among others. He recently received the Literati Award from Emerald Publishers for a highly commended paper. He has presented his research at a number of international and national conferences both in India and abroad. He has also served as a reviewer for several renowned international journals.
In his spare time, he enjoys playing guitar & listening to music.
- Jangam, B.P., and Rath, B. N. (2021). Do global value chains enhance or slog economic growth? Applied Economics, 53(36): 4148-4165, DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2021.1897076, Taylor & Francis.
- Jangam, B.P., and Rath, B. N. (2021). Global value chain linkages and domestic value-added content: Empirical evidence. Studies in Economics and Finance. https://doi.org/10.1108/SEF-09-2020-0383. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Jangam, B.P., and Rath, B. N. (2020). Does global value chain participation enhance domestic value-added in exports? Evidence from emerging market economies. International Journal of Finance Economics, 26: 1681– 1694. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.1871, John Wiley & Sons.
- Jangam, B.P., and Rath, B. N. (2020). Cross-country convergence in global value chains: Evidence from club convergence analysis. International Economics, 163: 134-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inteco.2020.06.002. Elsevier.
- Rath, B.N., and Jangam, B.P. (2020). Is there any linkage between sectoral capital-labour ratios, total factor productivity, and wages? Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 56:15, 3662-3677, https://doi.org/10.1080/1540496X.2020.1784140. Taylor & Francis.
- Jangam, B.P., and Rath, B. N. (2020). Does productivity drive the real exchange rate movements? A re-examination of the Balassa–Samuelson hypothesis. Journal of Economic Studies, 47(5): 1093-1118. https://doi.org/10.1108/JES-05-2019-0197. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Jangam, B.P. (2020). Global value chain embeddedness, labour productivity and employment in the Asia-Pacific countries. Studies in Economics and Finance, 38(2): 339-360 https://doi.org/10.1108/SEF-10-2019-0408. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Jangam, B.P., Akram, V., and Sahoo, P.K. (2020). Price dispersion across Indian states: A club convergence analysis, 21(1). Journal of Public Affairs. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2134. John Wiley & Sons.
- Jangam, B.P. and Akram, V. (2020). Does financial integration drive export diversification? Evidence from a cross-country analysis. Journal of Financial Economic Policy. 13(1): 45-61. https://doi.org/10.1108/JFEP-06-2019-0110. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Akram, V., Sahoo, P.K., and Jangam, B.P. (2019). Do shocks to electricity consumption revert to its equilibrium? Evidence from Indian states. Utilities Policy, 61, 100977. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jup.2019.100977. Elsevier.
- Jangam, B.P., and Akram, V. (2019). Does participation in global value chain foster export concentration? Economics Bulletin, 39(4): 2913-2920. Access Econ LLC.
- Jangam, B.P., and Akram, V. (2019). Do prices converge among Indonesian cities? an empirical analysis. Buletin Ekonomi Moneter dan Perbankan, 22(3): 239-262. https://doi.org/10.21098/bemp.v22i3.1152. Bank Indonesia Institute.
- Akram, V., Jangam, B.P., and Rath, B.N. (2019). Does human capital matter for reduction in energy consumption in India? International Journal of Energy Sector Management, 13(2): 359-376. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJESM-07-2018-0009. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Jangam, B.P., Sahoo, P.K. and Akram, V. (2019). Convergence in electricity consumption across Indian states: A disaggregated analysis. International Journal of Energy Sector Management, 14(3): 624-637. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJESM-03-2019-0009. Emerald Group Publishing.
Selected Conferences and Workshops
- Presented paper at 14th Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking (BMEB) conference, Bali, Indonesia, 27-28 August 2020.
- Presented paper at 13th Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking (BMEB) conference, Bali, Indonesia, 29-30 August 2019.
- Participated in the 4th RIS-EXIM Bank summer school on “International trade theory and practice”, New Delhi, India, 10-19 June 2019.
- Presented paper at 8th Applied Financial Modelling Conference (AFMC), Istanbul, Turkey, 11-12 April 2019.
- Presented paper at 6th Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conference on “Empirical issues in international trade and finance”, New Delhi, India, 13-14 Dec 2018.
- Presented paper at the Bank of Indonesia –Asia Pacific Applied Economics Association (BI-APAEA) joint international conference at Bali, Indonesia, 30-31 Aug 2018.
- Presented paper at 54th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES), Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, India, 7-9 March 2018.
- Participated in 7th Global Economic Summit (GES) on “Global value chains: Accelerating MSME growth, Development and Sustainability”, World Trade Centre, Mumbai, India, 22-24 Feb 2018.
- Presented paper at Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) organized by Indian Institute of Sciences (IISC), Bangalore, India, 20-21 Nov 2017.
- Attended winter school workshop on “Time series and panel data modelling and forecasting” at GITAM School of International Business (GSIB), Visakhapatnam, India, 2017.
- Presented paper at 53rd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society, NISER, Bhubaneswar, Dec 22-24, 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Big Data Analytics” at National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Applied financial modelling” by Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India, 2016.