From Thursday, November 24, 2022 - 09:00am
To Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 05:00pm
After successfully hosting multiple FLAME Investment Lab programs, we are excited to announce the ‘FLAME Investment Lab - Cases in Business and Investment Analysis program with Sanjay Bakshi’, from November 24 - 27, 2022.
This program will use a case-based approach to teach key concepts in business and investment analysis. Most of these cases have been developed by the instructor based on his experience as a practicing value investor over the last twenty seven years. Some of the cases are:
- Balkrishna Industries: The journey from fragility to robustness;
- Symphony: Niche business, low entry barriers;
- Ambika Cotton: Niche business, commodity industry;
- Redington Limited: Where obsolescence is good for stockholders;
- Relaxo Footwear: Rerating of an emerging moat;
- Jamna Auto: Immunity from tech disruption;
- Nesco: Asset conversion in real estate;
- RITES Limited: Infrastructure investing without many risks;
- CCL Products: Gradual transformation of a contract manufacturer;
- AIA Engineering: Switching costs in a B2B business model; and
- TV18 Broadcast: Financial discipline post control change.
In each of these cases, participants will learn about one or more key ideas relating to business and/or investment analysis and then work towards discovering similar situations, often in totally different industries. These cases, therefore, will serve as stepping stones for generating more creative ideas for business and investment analysis.
For details, please visit: https://www.flame.edu.in/academics/flame-investment-lab/other-programs/cases-in-business-and-investment-analysis/november-2022.