Prof. Swapnajit Chakraborti
Fellow Programme in Management in Information Systems from IIM -Indore; Master of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata; Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Professor - Operations
Prof. Swapnajit has over twenty two years of both academic and industry work experience and was associated with Cadence Design Systems (I) Pvt. Ltd. (Noida), Synopsis (I) Pvt. Ltd. (Bengaluru), Motorola India Electronics Ltd. (Bengaluru), Jenson & Nicholson (I) Pvt. Ltd. (Ranchi), SPJIMR (Mumbai), Great Lakes Institute (Gurgaon), IILM (Greater Noida), Shiv Nadar University (Greater Noida).
He has been actively involved in research during his stint in the software product development industry as well as in academics. He has multiple publications in leading business journals, IEEE/ACM conferences and also holds three US patents. His doctoral thesis proposal won him the silver medal from the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), USA, sponsored by Microsoft Research in 2015. His research interest is in the area of business analytics including text mining, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics, big data and various techniques for knowledge discovery in databases.
Research Interest: Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Content Analytics, Digital Commerce, Applications of AI/ML in Business, Digital Transformation
Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=0ywVoSwAAAAJ&hl=en
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Analysis of Competitor Intelligence in the era of Big Data: An Implementation using Text Summarization based on Global Optimization, with Shubhamoy Dey, Business & Information Systems Engineering, Springer, 2018, 61(3), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12599-018-0562-0 (ABDC A-Category Journal) [SCOPUS LISTED]
- Analysis of Book Sales Prediction at Amazon Marketplace in India: A Machine Learning Approach, with Satyendra Sharma, Information Systems and e-Business Management, Springer, September 2019, 17(2) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10257-019-00438-3 (ABDC B-Category Journal) [SCOPUS LISTED]
- A Comparative Study of Online Consumer Reviews of Apple iPhone across Amazon, Twitter and MouthShut Platforms, with Supratim Kundu, Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, Published Online 18 July, 2020 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10660-020-09429-w (ABDC A-Category Journal) [SCOPUS LISTED]
- A Comparative Study of Performances of Various Classification Algorithms for Predicting Salary Classes of Employees, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technologies, Apr 2014, ISSN: 0975-9646
- Reflection on Crime Against Women, Indore Management Journal, Vol 4 Issue 3, IIM Indore, 2013, http://www.iimidr.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/Vol.-4-Issue-3-Full1.pdf#page=98
Peer Reviewed Proceedings Articles
- Multidocument Text Summarization for Competitor Intelligence: A Methodology, with Shubhamoy Dey, IEEE Proceedings of ISCBI, Dec 2014, New Delhi DOI: 10.1109/ISCBI.2015.28 [SCOPUS LISTED]
- Multidocument Text Summarization for Competitor Intelligence: A Methodology based on Topic Identification & Artificial Bee Colony Optimization, Proceedings of ACM SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing, May 2015, Salamanca, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2695664.2696073 [SCOPUS LISTED]
- Product News Summarization for Competitor Intelligence using Topic Identification & Artificial Bee Colony Optimization, with Shubhamoy Dey, Proceedings of ACM Research on Adaptive & Convergent Systems, Oct 2015, Prague, DOI: http ://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2811411.2811465 [SCOPUS LISTED]
- Multi-level K-means Text Clustering for Topic Identification for Competitor Intelligence, with Shubhamoy Dey, Proceedings of IEEE Research Challenges in Information Science, June 2016, Grenoble, ISBN: 978-1-4799-8709-2 [SCOPUS LISTED]
- US Patent 7031898: Mechanism for Recognizing and Extracting Memory Structures
- US Patent 7886242: Systems, Methods & Apparatus for Total Coverage Analysis & Ranking of Circuit Designs
- US Patent 8214782: A method and apparatus for consolidating all types of coverage metrics obtained from HDL simulator