Prof. Sasikiran R M
Ph.D. in Communication from University of Hyderabad; PGDM in Communications from MICA, Ahmedabad; B.Tech in Electronics & Electrical Engineering from JNTU.
Assistant Professor - Communication
Prof. Sasikiran R M is Assistant Professor - Communication at FLAME University. He holds a PhD in Communication from the University of Hyderabad. He received his Post Graduate Diploma in Communications Management from MICA, Ahmedabad and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering (EEE) from JNTU, Hyderabad.
Prof. Sasi has a total work experience of over eleven years and has worked in the corporate sector in several capacities across IT, Renewable Energy and Digital Marketing areas before moving full time into academia. He was associated with IIT Tirupati, University of Hyderabad, AISFM, Hyderabad, Net Elixir, DREEMS and Intergraph.
His thesis during the PhD, 'Telugu Print Cultures and Vernacular Modernity' focused on the evolution of modern print cultures in the vernacular and their complex relationship with colonial modernity. The thesis also dwelled on the reception and expression of modernity in the vernacular. His research interests are primarily in the areas of Media History, Cinema and Gender, Communication and Cultural Studies, Transmedia Studies.
Research - Publications
- Edited Volume: What makes a language modern? Telugu language, Print and Vernacular Modernity in Late colonial India. In Landscapes of Linguistics and Literature (pp. 213-220). Madras: TIERA. ISBN NUMBER 978-93-81101-53-7. 2019.
- Journal Article: Sexual Harassment as Courtship: Performing Hegemonic Masculinity in Contemporary Telugu Cinema. Journal of Creative Communications, 14(2), 118-131. Sage Journals ISSN NUMBER 0973-2586. 2019
- Journal Article : The Ageing Diva in Bollywood: The Construction of Rekha. Phalanx, 14. ISSN NUMBER 2320-7698. 2019 (Co-authored)
Research - Conferences
- Alternative and Emerging Applications of Transmedia in Journalism, Entertainment and Activism’ presented (in-absentia) at the International Conference of Emerging Media Paradigms, Noida, 2020 (co-authored)
- ‘Print, Patronage and Emerging Historiographical Attitudes in early twentieth century colonial Madras Presidency – A study of Andhrula Charitra and the attendant controversies’ at the National Seminar on Histories of Media and Performances: The Political, The Cultural, and the Deep Pasts, University of Hyderabad, India, March 2019 (co-authored)
- ‘Adam Smith, Aristotle, Artha Shashtra and Atharva Veda, all in the same breath - The means and ends of the Telugu Encyclopedia’ at ECREA Conference, Lugano, Switzerland, November 2018
- ‘Poems in a political economy book Telugu print cultures and vernacular modernity in the early Twentieth Century Colonial Madras Presidency’ at the SHARP Conference, Western Sydney University, Sydney, Australia, July 2018
- ‘What makes a language modern? Telugu language, Print and Vernacular Modernity in late colonial Andhra’ at ICOSAL-13 Conference, CIIL, Mysore, India, January 2018
- ‘Telugu Digital Video Cultures’ at Regional Cultures and New Media Technologies Seminar,IIAS,Shimla, April 2017, (co-authored)