Prof. Ninad Patwardhan
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences ( Psychology) from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay; M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology from Christ University, Bangalore; B.A in Psychology from St. Xavier’s College, affiliated to University of Mumbai; SET; NET
Assistant Professor - Psychology
Ninad Patwardhan has successfully completed his Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences (Psychology) at IIT Bombay. His doctoral research is centered on autobiographical memory and its implications for well-being.
He has completed his Bachelor of Arts degree with a specialization in Psychology from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, and Master of Science degree in Psychology (Clinical) from Christ University, Bangalore. He is primarily interested in the domains of social and personality psychology, cognitive science, and health and well-being. He has taught courses, such as Cognitive Psychology, Personality and Individual Differences, Psychology of War (Mahabharat), and Psychological Testing and Assessment at Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts (NMIMS University) and Applied Science at School of Design (NMIMS University). He has published his research in national and international journals and has presented research papers at national and international conferences.
- Patwardhan, N., & Kulkarni, M. (2020). Exploring self through memory: Narratives of Punjabi and Sindhi Partition survivors. Memory Studies, 13(4), 617–632. doi: 10.1177/1750698017750001
- Bhat, S.U., Cherian, A.V., Bhat, A., Chapman, H.J., Lukose, A., Patwardhan, N., Satyanarayana, V., & Ramakrishna, J. (2015). Factors affecting psychosocial wellbeing and quality of life among women living with HIV/AIDS. NITTE University Journal of Health Science, 5(4), 66-76.
- Patwardhan, N., & Mehta, D. (2011). Forgiveness, conflict resolution and marital satisfaction among Indian couples. Bombay Psychologist, Vol. XXVI, 1 & 2, 74-80.
CONFERENCE PAPER PRESENTATIONS
- Presented a paper on Autobiographical Memory of the Period 1992-1993 at the 6th International Psychology Congress- Eastern and Western Psychology: Singularity, Diversity and Integration held at Christ University, Bangalore, October 3-6, 2018 (Plenary Session).
- Presented a Paper on Students’ Attitudes towards Bottled Water: An exploratory investigation at the 51st National and 20th International Conference of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP) held in May 2016 held at the University of Bangalore.
- Presented a paper on Exploring Self through Memory: Narratives of Punjabi and Sindhi Partition Survivors at the 11th Biennial Convention of Asian Association of Social Psychology (AASP) and 52nd Annual PAP Convention held at Cebu City, Philippines from August 19-22, 2015.
- Presented a paper on Relationship between Perceived Stigma and Forgiveness among People Living with HIV at the XXth Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) held at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), December 12-15, 2010.
- Presented a paper on Forgiveness, Conflict Resolution and Marital Satisfaction among Indian couples at the National Conference on Peace & Conflict Resolution held at Christ University, Bangalore from February 5-6, 2010.