Prof. Preetha Menon
Ph.D. in Management Studies, IIT Madras; Master of Management Studies (Marketing), University of Mumbai; Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Marketing, Xavier Institute of Communication; Bachelor of Commerce, S.I.E.S College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Associate Professor - Advertising and Branding
Prof. Preetha Menon is Associate Professor - Advertising & Branding at FLAME University. She holds a doctorate degree in Management Studies from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. She also holds an M.M.S. degree (Marketing) from University of Mumbai and PGD in Advertising and Marketing from Xavier Institute of Communication.
Prof. Preetha’s current research includes consumer neuroscience and experimental research on advertising and branding topics. She is well published in international journals of repute like European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Strategic Marketing, International Journal of Innovation Science, Media Watch amongst others.
She is part practitioner and part academician with over 13 years of work experience. As a practitioner, during her advertising agency stint, she has worked with clients like Taj Hotels, Madura Garments (Louis Phillipe, Van Heusen and Allen Solly) and 3M amongst others. Prior to joining Flame, she was associated with Symbiosis Centre for Behavioural Studies and Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune; Great Lakes Institute of Management and Christ University. She is a visiting faculty at the University of Konstanz and Technische Hochschule Nurnberg, Germany.
She has been involved in mentoring start-ups for creating workable marketing solutions as the CII’s India Innovation Initiative 2017 Ambassador. She has also worked on consulting assignments for Mahindra and Mahindra, Bajaj Auto Ltd, Evonix Technologies in consumer insighting, customer value propositions and brand positioning.
- Rakesh, V. T. and Menon, P. (2021). “Pricing Challenge in Servitization: Can Servitization Improve Ecological Sustenance?” World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development (Scopus, ABS) is accepted for publication.
- Tandon, M & Menon, P. (2020). “Relevance of Cross-Format Shopping behaviors in Consumers in Emerging Economies: A study on Retail Management” International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29 (6), 3216 – 3227 (Scopus)
- Samaddar, K. & Menon, P (2020). “Non-deceptive Counterfeit Products: A Morphological Analysis of Literature Review and Future Research Agenda.” Journal of Strategic Marketing https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2020.1772348 (Scopus, SCI and ABDC A).
- Menon, P., Yeravdekar, R., and Chandak, A. (2020). “Adoption and Use of SymbiCare Application amongst students in an Indian University” International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation (Scopus) is accepted for publication.
- Aparna, K. H. and Menon, P. (2020). “Impostor Syndrome: An Integrative Framework of its Antecedents, Consequences and Moderating Factors on Sustainable Leader Behaviors.” European Journal of Training and Development (Scopus and ABDC C) https://doi.org/10.1108/EJTD-07-2019-0138
- Menon, P., Samaddar, K., and Aparna, K. H. (2020). “Towards Globalization of B-Schools: Best
Practices for Sustainable Higher Education". International Journal of Business and Globalization is accepted for publication.
- Roy, R., Rabbanee, F., Choudhury, H R., and Menon, P (2019). “The Karma of Consumption: Role of Materialism in the Pursuit of Life Satisfaction.” European Journal of Marketing, 54(1), 168-189. (Scopus, SCI and ABDC A*).
- Samaddar, K. and Menon, P. (2019). “Marketing Higher Education: A Study on Attaining Sustainability through Redesigning Curriculum”Samvad, 18(SP), 84-93.
- Menon, P & Arackal, J. (2019) The Interactive Effect of Product Involvement with Brand Familiarity and Ad Appeal on Ad Engagement: An Eye Tracking Study of YouTube Ads. Journal of Communication: Media Watch, 10, 78-89. (Scopus).
- Menon, P., and Raman, R (2019). “The Effect of Social Media Usage on Internal and External Attributions of Small and Medium Enterprises”. International Journal of Information Management (Scopus, SCI and ABDC A*) is under review for publication.
- Menon, P., and Raman, R. (2019). “Exploring antecedents of Information Communication Technologies outcomes of Indian entrepreneurial ventures.” Benchmarking, (Scopus and ABDC B) is under review for publication.
- Menon, P., Raman, R., and Augustin, P. (2019). “Mahindra War Room: Learning by Doing”. Ivey Publishing, has been submitted for publication.
- Raman, R. & Menon, P. (2018) Using Social Media for Innovation – Market Segmentation of Family Firms. International Journal for Innovation Science. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJIS-08-2017-0078
- Menon, P. & Taralekar, R. (2017) Designing smart promotions using big data analytics in the telecom industry. Journal of Communication: Media Watch 8 (1), 126-132 (Scopus).
- Menon, P. & Pandit, A. Perceived Risk: Does it Really Matter? Examining the Mediating Effect of Perceived Risk between Message Framing and Adoption of New Products. Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, Newcastle, U.K. July 4-7, 2016.
- Menon, P. (2016) Cause Related Marketing: A preliminary study to identifying key factors that affect the success of CRM programs in India. International Journal of Management and Social Science 4 (3), 612-616.
- Menon, P. (2015) Increasing the efficacy of Exchange Offers: Effect of Message Framing, Promotion Bundling and Product category of Exchange Offer effectiveness. AP- Advances in Consumer Research 11 pp. 204-205.
- Menon, P., Puntambekar, S. & Bhatia, S., (2015) Gender stereotyping in Advertising and Its Consequences and Effects on its Audience. Samvad 9 (2), 59-64.
- Menon, P. & Mula S. (2014) The Impact of Rebranding on Brand Likeability, Brand Image and Purchase Decision of a Consumer. International Journal of Decision Making in Management 3 (4) pp.33-40.
- Menon, P. & Vijayaraghavan, P., (2014) Nature of Exchange Offers and Antecedents of Exchange Offer Proneness. Samvad 7 (1) pp. 66-73.
- Understanding exchange offers and enhancing their efficacy: A study of Indian consumers. Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, Southampton, U.K. July 2-5, 2012.
- Ramesh, A. & Menon, P. Green disposal behavior: Study of the Indian mobile phone user. Proceedings of the International conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies, IIM Ahmedabad. Jan. 5-7, 2011.
- Menon, P. (2018) Promoting Cashless Transactions by Educating and Empowering Rural citizens in Maharashtra. Demonetization and its Social Impact. IGI Global
- Menon, P. & Vijayaraghavan, P. (2015) Exchange Offer as a Sales Promotion Tool for Consumer Durables: A Content Analysis of Indian Print Advertisement. Thriving in a New World Economy. pp 256-257. AG Switzerland, Springer International Publication.
- Consider this, in exchange. Dhithi, DoMS magazine, IIT Madras, August 2012.
- Games People Play by V. Raghunathan in the Great Lakes Herald Vol 1 (2) 2007.
International Conference Presentations
- Menon, P and Raman, R (2020) “Gamification of Evaluation: Effect of Interactive Evaluation on Perceived Creativity and Innovation at 6th International Communication Management Conference 2020 at MICA, 8 – 10 January 2020.
- Menon, P. (2019) “Pricing Model of Industrial Services by Identifying Significant Variables” presented at Sixteenth AIMS International Conference on Management at SIMS, Pune, 3rd- 5th January 2019.
- Aparna, K H., and Menon, P (2019) “Typology of Imposters: A study of Imposter Syndrome on Social Media using Twitter Analysis” presented at 4th Global Leadership Research Conference 2019 at Amity Business School, Noida, India 27th - 28th February 2019.
- Attended 3rd International Conference on Building Strategic Partnerships towards Collaborative International Learning organized by SIU and Association of Indian Universities on 4th-6th April 2019.
- Samaddar, K. and Menon, P. (2019) “Online Shopping endorsing counterfeit purchase: A conceptual framework” presented at International Marketing Conference on 26th - 28th April 2019 organized by T.A. Pai Management Institute.
- Menon, P (2019) “The moderating role of mindfulness on choice of exchange offer incentives” presented at International Marketing Conference on 26th - 28th April 2019 organized by T.A. Pai Management Institute.
- Ramanathan, S., Belei, N.V.T., Davis, S., Jasmand, C., Menon P (2019) “Top Down, Side Up: Effects of Food Architecture on Consumption of Hedonic and Healthy Foods”on 28th-31st May 2019 in 48th European Marketing Academy Conference 2019.
- Is Sustainable Consumption a Function of Gender or Self Concept? Effect of Exchange Offer Type on Offer Preference and Satisfaction. 14th ACR GENMAC, Atlanta, USA. Oct 9-11, 2018.
- Quick Heal: From Entrepreneurial Venture to Brand. 4th International Conference on Cases & Pedagogical Innovations, Pune. June 21-22, 2018.
- Attributions and Retributions of Social Media Usage. JAMS Emerging Markets Conference. April 26-28, 2018.
- The Effect of Social Media Usage on Internal and External Attributions of Small and Medium Enterprises (accepted for presentation). 5th PAN-IIM World Management Conference, India. Dec 14-16, 2017.
- The Flight of Blue Stratos. 3rd International Conference on Cases & Pedagogical Innovations, Pune. June 29-30, 2017.
- Designing smart promotions using big data analytics in the telecom industry. International Conference on Media and Communication, Pune. Oct 6-7, 2016.
- The Effect of Negative Parody Advertisements on the Parodied Brand. 8th Great Lakes – NASMEI Conference, Chennai. Dec 26-27, 2014.
- Understanding replacement purchase behaviour for electronic goods – A netnographic study of Indian consumer forums. 5th Great Lakes – NASMEI Conference, Chennai. Dec 29-30, 2011.
- Factors affecting Trade-ins: A study of young consumers in India. 4th Great Lakes-NASMEI Conference, Chennai. Dec 23-24, 2010
- A study of factors affecting Green Purchasing Behavior amongst young consumers in India. Proceedings of 3rd Great Lakes NASMEI conference, Chennai Dec18-19, 2009