Prof. Renu Dhadwal
Ph.D. in Industrial Mathematics from Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany; MSc. in Mathematics from IIT Madras; Masters in Industrial Mathematics from Technical University of Kaiserslautern (Germany)
Associate Professor - Applied Mathematics
Dr. Renu Dhadwal has completed her Ph.D. in Industrial Mathematics from the Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. She worked on an Industrial problem for the company Freudenberg &Co. in collaboration with ITWM (Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics, http://www.itwm.fraunhofer.de/en.html). Her doctoral research was funded partially by both DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) and Freudenberg. Her strengths comprise of Mathematical modeling of industrial problems arising in viscoelastic flows of Non-Newtonian fluids such as molten polymers. Her areas of expertise include, Non-Newtonian Fluid Dynamics, Numerical methods in Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations and Modeling of polymer flows.
- Non-isothermal analysis of extrusion film casting using multi-mode Phan-Thien Tanner constitutive equation and comparison with experiments, Sanket Chougale, Dhammaraj Rokade, Tanushree Bhattacharjee, Harshawardhan Pol, Renu Dhadwal, Rheologica Acta 57:493–503, 2018
- Effect of Viscoelastic Relaxation Modes on Stability of Extrusion Film Casting Process Modeled Using Multi-mode Phan-Thien-Tanner Constitutive Equation, Renu Dhadwal, Sourya Banik, Pankaj Doshi and Harshwardhan Pol, Applied Mathematical Modeling, 47, 487-500, 2017
- Numerical Study of Effect of Inertia on Stability of Fibre Spinning, Renu Dhadwal, International Journal of Applied and Computational Mathematics, 2015
- Numerical simulation of a two-phase melt spinning model, Renu Dhadwal, Applied Mathematical Modeling, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2959-2971, 2011
- Investigation of stationary solutions of a viscoelastic melt spinning model and stability R.Dhadwal and S.K. Kudtarkar, Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, vol 15,no 3, pp 287-298, 2010
- Induced Voltage due to time-dependent Magnetisation Textures, Santosh Kumar Kudtarkar and Renu Dhadwal, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials - J MAGN MAGN MATER , vol. 322, no. 16, pp. 2287-2292, 2010
Paper and poster presentations
- 2016, December. Presented a paper titled “ Stability of multimode film casting process using parallel programming” at ICASC 2016, IIT Madras, India
- 2016, June. Presented a paper titled “Stability of Extrusion Film Casting using a multi mode Phan-Thien Tanner model” at ECMI 2016 , Santiago de Compostella, Spain.
- 2013, November. Poster presentation “ Non-Isothermal Analysis of Extrusion Film Casting Process Using Molecular Constitutive Equations”
Pankaj Doshi, Harshawardhan V. Pol, Sourya Banik, Lal Busher Azad, Ashish K. Lele, Sumeet S. Thete and Renu Dhadwal at AIChE, 2013 Annual Meeting, San Francisco, USA. http://www3.aiche.org/Proceedings/Abstract.aspx?ConfID=Annual-2013&GroupID=1784&SessionID=24911&PaperID=337346
- 2013, August. Poster Presentation “Modeling of extrusion film casting process (EFC): Linear stability analysis” Sourya Banik, Renu Dhadwal, Harshawardhan Pol, Ashish Lele and Pankaj Doshi Mumbai Pune Soft Matter Meet at IISER Pune, India.
- 2011, January. Gave a seminar titled “Stability of Fibre Spinning” at IIT Madras
- 2009, January. Presented a paper titled "Effect of viscoelasticity on Draw resonance" at the International Conference on polymers (POLYMCON) at National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India.