Prof. Bharat Damani
Ph.D. in Social Entrepreneurship from IIT, Bombay; MMS in Finance; B.Tech in Mechanical
Associate Professor – Entrepreneurship
Bharat has 30 years of experience in business consulting and project viability. He has worked with / consulted organizations like SICOM, McKinsey & Co., Sakura Capital India, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Nippon Kodo.
As a part of the research work for his Ph.D., Bharat created a board game - Masti, to create awareness about social enterprises and how to make them sustainable. Ashoka Changemakers has recognised the game as a ‘Re-Imagine Learning Challenge Pacesetter’.
- ‘Use of serious games for creating awareness about social enterprises’, Journal of Computers in Education
- (Springer Journal), Vol 2(4), pp 493-511, 2015.
- ‘Social change using innovation and technology’, Chapter in the book, 'Technology and Innovation for Social Change' (eds) Satyajit Majumdar, Samapti Guha, Nadiya Marakkath. Springer, January 2015.
- ‘Social change using innovation and technology’, International Conference on ‘Technology, Innovation and Social Change’ organized by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, 22-24 January 2013.
- ‘Understanding social entrepreneurship’, International Conference on ‘Revisiting Management Practices and Research for Sustainability’, organized by Rajarambapu Institute of Technology (RIT), Islampur, 22-23 February 2013.
- ‘Understanding the enablers and inhibitors of social enterprises’, Educon Magazine, Sakal Media Group, August 2013.