Prof. Jaslene Bawa
FPM in Finance & Accounting from IIM Raipur; M.Com; B.Com from Savitribai Phule Pune University
Assistant Professor – Finance
Dr. Jaslene Bawa received her Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting from Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Raipur. She has over five years of research experience in equity markets in India. Prior to joining FLAME University, she was associated for a brief while with Sadhu Vaswani Institute of Management Studies, Pune. Her areas of expertise are valuation, banking and building models that capture complex market and banking relationships.
Her primary research involves around Efficient Market Hypothesis, Adaptive Market Hypothesis and bank credit risk. She has been a reviewer for IIM B Review Journal. Jaslene has presented papers in international and nation conferences such as 2nd Applied Financial Modeling Conference and IIT Management Doctoral Colloquium. She has published four papers in referred journals such as Financial Research Letters, Physica A, Applied Economic Letters and IIM B Management Review. She is the first FPM student to graduate from IIM Raipur in 2017.
- Can profitability through momentum strategies be enhanced applying a range to standard deviation filter?. Finance Research Letters, 20, 269-273 (2017).
- Identifying periods of market inefficiency for return predictability. Applied Economics Letters, 24(10), 668-671 (2017).
- Can trade opportunities and returns be generated in a trend persistent series? Evidence from global indices. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 469, 124-135 (2017).
- An analysis of NPAs of Indian banks: Using a comprehensive framework of 31 financial ratios (Forthcoming IIM B Review)
- RBI tightening its noose around Indian banks' non-performing assets. Forbes India, 24 May 2017, http://www.forbesindia.com/printcontent/47009
- Applied Mobile Labs: Valuation of a Start-Up, 24 August 2016, Ivey Publishing, https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=79639