FLAME Investment Lab With The Masters - Behavioral Finance with Sanjay Bakshi
FLAME was founded with the concept of liberal education as its cornerstone. FLAME celebrates ideas, cherishes diversity, and strives to deliver an academic experience that fosters intellectual curiosity, a critical thought process, self-reflection, leadership and teamwork skills, a sense of commitment and professionalism and a heightened sensitivity to one’s socio-cultural environment. FLAME aims to provide an interdisciplinary platform of education by propagating different models and paradigms through, but not limited to, history, philosophy, political sciences, psychology, business, economics, mathematics and finance.
As part of its endeavor to constantly redefine education, FLAME inducted the FLAME Investment Lab (FIL), an initiative that strives to deliver the concepts and decipher the art of value investing to interested students. FIL believes in the dictum “invest in yourself”. It provides tools for self-learning and acquiring knowledge, constantly striving for intellectual stimulation and asking questions. FIL strives to widen your horizons, aiding you to connect the dots within seemingly disparate information. FIL truly believes that the best investment is investing in yourself. As Socrates has said, “I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.”
After hosting multiple programs and FIL alumni meets that covered topics like valuation, accounting shenanigans, investment checklists, mental heuristics and negotiation amongst others, FIL is planning another program, ‘FLAME Investment Lab – Behavioral Finance with Sanjay Bakshi’.
Sanjay is Adjunct Professor at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, where he teaches MBA students a popular course titled “Behavioral Finance & Business Valuation (BFBV)”.
Sanjay is also Managing Partner at ValueQuest Capital LLP— a value investing firm based out of New Delhi.
This workshop on Behavioural Finance, which will be spread over three days, will cover the following topics:
- Day One and Two: The Psychology of Human Misjudgement
- Day Two and Three: Cases on Human Rationality and Human Folly
Total capacity is 70 of which 35 is reserved for FLAME Investment Lab alumni. For the remaining seats, selection will be based on scrutiny of a brief profile (less than one page) of applicants. Selection will be at the sole discretion of Prof. Sanjay Bakshi. Candidates who have attended Prof. Sanjay Bakshi’s program in the past will not be selected again for the program.
FLAME reserves the right for selecting participants to this program.
To apply the applicant must:
- Download the application from here: PDF / DOC
- Complete the application and attach a colour photograph.
- Provide details of two professional contacts in the application (ideally your current / previous supervisors).
- Attach current resume / one-page profile.
- If sponsored by employer, attach sponsorship letter on company letterhead.
- Send the completed application along with the payment to FLAME University, 401, Phoenix Complex, Bund Garden Road, Opp. Residency Club, Pune - 411001, Maharashtra, India. Applications without the payment will not be accepted.
- INR 23,000 which includes tuition, course materials, meals, on campus accommodation and service tax (15%). The net proceeds collected will be donated to Mohnish Pabrai’s Dakshana Foundation.
- Fee does not include travel and other incidental expenses.
- Fees should be paid in cheque or demand draft and made payable to “FLAME University Pune” at Pune. Please write the applicant name and “FLAME Investment Lab” at the back of the demand draft/cheque.
- Payment should be mailed to – FLAME University, 401, Phoenix Complex, Bund Garden Road, Opp. Residency Club, Pune - 411001, Maharashtra, India.
- You can avail a full refund if cancellation is made 3 weeks before the commencement of the programme; half the fee refund if cancellation is made 2 weeks before the commencement of the programme. There will be no refund if cancellation is made less than 2 weeks before the commencement of the programme.
- Candidates who are not selected to the programme will receive a full refund of the programme fees.
May 24th, 2016
Accommodation will be provided on a single room basis to all participants at the FLAME campus in Pune for two nights (June 24-25, 2016).
June 24 - 26, 2016
Gat No. 1270, Taluka Mulshi, Village Lavale,
Off. Pune - Bangalore Highway, Pune - 412 115, India.
Facilities & Infrastructure
FLAME offers 53 acres of tranquil space, just 13 kms. from the Pune University main gate. It is an eco-friendly campus adjoining a 18-hole golf course. FLAME has a football ground, international size cricket ground, tennis courts, basketball and volleyball courts, gymnasium and an outdoor swimming pool. FLAME also has a floodlit indoor sports hall with facilities for badminton, snooker and table tennis.
Its academic spaces include lecture theatres, conference rooms, a performing arts studio, a visual arts studio, a sculpture studio, Physics, Chemistry & Biology labs, and amphitheatres. Some of the other amenities include cafes, Wi-fi connectivity, an infirmary and an ambulance in case of emergency.
During the duration of the program, participants are encouraged to explore the campus and use the facilities FLAME offers.
Toll-free No: 1-800-209-4567