FLAME Investment Lab With The Masters
AN INSIGHTFUL LEARNING PROGRAMME FOR TOMORROW’S INVESTMENT MANAGERS
The purpose of this programme is to enhance the learning of key but often ignored aspects of investment management. This intense five day residential programme will develop deep insights needed to shape the process of high returns, sharpening principal protection and risk management aspects of equity investments as practised in real life scenarios. The programme is based on key aspects of investment management such as:
A) Valuation - approaches, techniques and limitations
B) Accounting - analyses, normalizations and shenanigans
C) Behavioral finance - mental models
The content and curriculum of the programme has been designed keeping in mind the requirements of buy side professionals with minimum 5 years of experience in the investment management industry.
Participants will gain insights into:
- How to value a business
- How to value assets
- How to view and interpret markets
- How to interpret publicly released corporate earnings statements and accounting shenanigans
- Studying sector dynamics, peer comparisons and analysis of alternatives through defined choice architecture
- How psychology impacts business decisions
- How psychology and biases impact investment decisions
- Arbitrage & special situations investing (M&A, open offers, delisting, capital structure arbitrage, distressed asset spinoffs, restructuring, bankruptcies and other changes in a company's capital structure with emphasis on leveraged buyouts)
- Creating investment checklists
- Filters against investment folly
- Common mistakes made by individuals in the world of investments & business
- Understanding major investments and capital allocation decisions for businesses
The programme will be delivered in a highly interactive and focused environment using a combination of presentations, case studies and discussions with leading investors and fund managers. Interactions with industry experts will enable participants to gain real world experience while expanding their personal and business networks.
The programme has some important aspects that are key differentiators:
- Real world experiences will be shared by practicing professionals
- Senior fund managers, wealth creators and academicians will be invited to share their knowledge, experience and expertise
- Opportunity to network with peers in informal discussions, debates and focused groups
- Case learning methodology will bring challenging real life examples to the classroom
- Chetan Parikh
- Kuntal Shah
- Samit Vartak
- Jeetendra Mirchandani
Likely Investment Masters:
- Bharat Shah, ASK Group
- Parag Parikh, PPFAS
- Raamdeo Agrawal, Motilal Oswal
- Ramesh Damani, Ramesh Damani Financial Pvt. Ltd.
- Sunil Singhania, Reliance Mutual Fund
- Vallabh Bhanshali, ENAM
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who want to nurture their learnings on key aspects of capital allocation and investment management.
Ideally, candidates should have:
- At least five years of working experience in investment management
- A post - graduate degree (MS, PhD, MBA, CA or CFA)
Candidates should be working as Vice Presidents, Associates or Analysts at AMC’s, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies, Pension Funds or Private Equity firms
Each applicant will be evaluated on several criteria to ensure that the participants selected for the programme are well-rounded individuals with capacities of contributing to classroom participation and peer learning. Acknowledging that learning also comes from the diverse backgrounds of the participants, the selection process will ensure that the class comprises of candidates who have both the aspirations and the potential for a successful career in investment management. Selection of the participants for the programme will be made considering a combination of many factors including:
- Quantity and quality of work experience
- Commitment and passion for the field of investments
- Evidence of professional success
- Likelihood of benefitting from the programme and contributing to the programme
- Education qualifications
Accommodation will be provided to all participants at the FLAME campus in Pune for the duration of programme.
To apply the applicant must:
- Download the application here: PDF / DOC
- Complete the application and attach a colour photograph
- Provide details of two professional contacts in the application (ideally your current/previous supervisors). FLAME will get in touch with them directly through email for your recommendation letters
- Attach current resume
- If sponsored by employer, attach sponsorship letter on company letterhead
- INR 40,000 which includes tuition, course materials, meals and on campus accommodation
- Fee does not include travel and other incidental expenses
- Fees should be paid in cheque or demand draft and made payable to “Foundation for Liberal And Management Education” in Pune
- Payment should be mailed to:
Foundation for Liberal And Management Education,
150/7, "Jaideep" Prathamesh Park,
Baner-Balewadi Road, Pune - 411 045, India
Application deadline for the programme is 8th June, 2012.
Date, Venue & Contact Information:
The programme starts at 9.00 am on 12 June, 2012 and concludes at 6.00 pm on 16 June, 2012 at the FLAME campus in Pune.
Foundation for Liberal And Management Education
Gat No. 1270, Taluka Mulshi, Village Lavale,
Off. Pune - Bangalore Highway,
Pune - 411 042, India.
Toll-free No: 1-800-209-4567